Thursday, March 18, 2010

More Baby Shoes

I made a couple more pairs of baby shoes this week.  The first pair is for Baby T. 

I'm not really crazy about them.  The fabrics "go" together nicely, but I wish I'd put the contrasting fabric on the soles, instead of the heels.  I fully lined these with white minkee, so they are nice and soft.  And, the toe and sole fabric is a super cute Buffalo Bill word print that is just right for my little cowboy.  Oh well, they'll keep his feet warm for the next few chilly months, anyway.  Oh, and you see how there's just one in the picture?  Wonder where his mate is?  Me, too.  I. don't. know.  He'll turn up, eventually... 

This next pair is for some friends who recently had a baby.  They are a 6-9ish month size and should fit the baby in the summer months, so I used a cute little crab print.  On these ones I lined the soles with minkee and used the contrasting fabric on the outer soles and inner lining.  Much better!  I'm wishing I'd stuffed the shoes with tissue or chunky baby feet for the pics now, but you get the idea.


I've also been tweaking the pattern and I'm starting to be happy with it. It needs a bit more, but I'm definitely getting close.  The first pair of shoes I made were fine, but I've been enjoying the creative process of making the pattern mine.  Not to mention adding to Baby's shoe wardrobe. 

I'm making a couple of burp rags to go along with the shoe gift, I'll share those next.

9 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. We have a local mom who started making them for her children, and now has a full time business, with employees and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! I agree, the contrasting lining and soles work best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those. I love the colors an the fabric. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you make a pair in women's size 9? I like the crab print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really cute! I have been wanting to make them, but I'm not that good with a sewing machine...were they hard? Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting at Favorite Things Friday and for the nice comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are adorable! i hope you will send your tutorial post links to me, via email, for including in my PROJECT: LIBRARY. all projects welcome...24/7/365...see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super cute!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails