Friday, March 26, 2010

The Quest for a Pretty Burp Rag

My first baby didn't really spit up.  Baby number two spit up for a very short amount of time, until we figured out his dairy sensitivity.  Three, as we affectionately referred to him in utero, spits up a LOT.  After a couple of months of wearing soft, practical, and super absorbent cotton prefold diapers on my shoulder all day enough was enough.  I mean, I was using those things out in public, everywhere.  Not so pretty.  I had a few of those thin baby terry burp cloths, but, really?  Useless.

So, one day I bought some cotton chenille and flannel and these were the result.


They were a big step up.  Soft and absorbent and not diapers.  However, maybe I'm weird, but I am just so tired of pastels and baby prints.  They're cute on babies, but I'm not a baby and I'm the one wearing the darn thing 24/7, right?

So, back I go and this time I picked up some fresh white chenille and some pretty quilter flannel.  The quilter flannel is very soft and smooth and came in prints that appealed to me much more.


Now I'm happy.  These are functional and pretty.  And I need all the pretty I can get in this nose- and bottom-wiping, sleep-lacking, crazy wonderful season of life.

4 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! Ever think of opening an etsy or artfire shop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore these, Megan, and I love that you're choosing designs that appeal to you. Kid stuff is so darling, but it is nice to see grownup designs, too! I love your description of this crazy wonderful season of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable!

    I also had a spitter - we figured out that if I ate MSG, his spitting was worse. (I was nursing.) So I started watching very carefully for MSG and that helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!

    MaryAnne, it's funny you should ask, as I've been trying to get my ducks in a row this week to do exactly that. Thank you for asking, it makes the idea of it seem a little less far-fetched. :)

    Jennifer, that's the only semi-accurate description I can come up with!

    Katie, I have just recently discovered the very same thing! I've been off dairy for 6 months now and it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. I don't eat a lot of packaged foods, but I've noticed that onion soup mix seemed to affect him. So, I've cut out MSG and cut way, way down on onions(much as I love 'em!) and I'm definitely seeing a reduction. Gotta love the dietary guessing game of a nursing mom with a sensitive babe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails